Bothell PCC, May 16, 2020, 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Columbia City PCC, May 23, 2020, 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Burien PCC, May 30, 2020, 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Dig into the flavors and techniques of authentic Persian cuisine with guidance from a born-and-raised expert. Learn to make tahdig — Persian “crispy rice” — to use as a foundation for rich, aromatic flavor combinations and textural balances found in regional dishes. You’ll leave able to recreate these Persian favorites at home.
- Halim-e Maushe (Mung Bean and Kohlrabi Spread with Lamb and Yogurt, Garlic and Mint Sauce)
- Meygoo Polo (Saffron Shrimp and Rice Pilaf)
- Khoresht-e Nokhodchi Ba Gusht (Beef and Chickpea Flour Meatballs with Tomato-Mint Sauce)
- Cayk-e Eshgh (Persian Buttery Cardamom, Rosewater and Lemon Cake)
May 9, 2020 10:00 AM–1:30 PM
May 10, 2020 10:00 AM–1:30 PM
Shaped by Iran’s central position on the Silk Road, Persian cuisine has familiar elements from Indian, Chinese, Arabic, and Eastern European cooking, yet it has a character that is completely its own. In this class, Omid Roustaei will show you how to prepare a winter meal flavored with delicate Silk Road spices.
- Kashk-e Bademjan: Persian eggplant and caramelized onion spread with liquid whey and mint sauce
- Khoresh Gheymeh: lamb and yellow split pea stew with dried limes and roasted potatoes
- Sabzi Polo: rice pilaf layered with fresh herbs and fava beans
- Koloucheh: sweet pastries with creamy walnut and orange blossom filling